[mythtv-users] Setting up a replacement Myth server

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Aug 1 14:57:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> However, if there's anything different
> about the tuners ability to receive certain channels or how they go
> about tuning the channel (i.e. going from a PVR-150 using internal tuner
> to using a PVR-150 using S-Video output with a channel change script
> that changes channel on an STB), you will want to "Delete all Video
> Sources" and re-create the source and re-scan for channels.

Is it not sufficient to just create new sources for the new tuners?

In the past when I've deleted a source from which I had recordings
still on disk, it removed the ability for the frontend to correctly
report on what the channel had been at the time the recording was
made.  Everything is still usable, but you get some weird looking
stuff in the front-end interface.

Eric