[mythtv-users] How do I disable a tuner

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Apr 29 21:41:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 5:07 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 04:04:48PM -0400, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>> [I still think it's a little weird that Myth uses the creation order,
>> as opposed to something easier for a user to define and/or change, but
>> that's a different topic.]
>
> What would that something be?  If you've got a better idea, let's hear
> it.  The obvious one is to add another column to cardinput to reflect
> the concept of input ordering.  The hard part is then presenting it to
> the user in such a way that doesn't confuse it with input priority.

Too late.  Many users already assume that "input priority" is
essentially card priority or card+input priority or something like
that.  I've seen quite a bit of confusion on that point on this list.

If input priority were to work the way many people already assume it
does, then we wouldn't need another column.

Eric