[mythtv-users] pixelation when using nfs for playback

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Apr 28 18:43:19 UTC 2011

On 04/28/2011 10:39 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Evuraan<evuraan at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> mythbackend:/media/myth/6/      /media/myth/6   nfs     user,bg,rw,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,tcp,intr,nfsvers=3,actimeo=0,async,nobootwait
>>>
>>> is one of my mount options possibly causing this?
>>

>> if you *have* to use nfs, try over udp instead of tcp.
>
> interesting, the wiki makes a point of using tcp over udp.

If you are using large packet size - like you are above, then really tcp
only makes sense.

I use similar mount options as you with mythtv over NFS and I don't have
any pixelation issues.

As others have mentioned, the backend can stream to the frontend as well
using its own protocol.  Is there any reason you can't use that
methodology to see if it really is NFS causing the issue?

Michael