[mythtv-users] HVR-1600 IR remote control

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 05:00:21 UTC 2011

I tried to follow the instructions in "Easy Way to Enable a Hauppauge
Remote Control in Linux/MythTV" by Mark Lord, but was not successful. I
am running MythDora 12.23 with all updates, including those from
MythDora-testing, so my kernel is 2.6.32.26-175.fc12.x86_64 and MythDora
is 0.24-6.

Mark says, "enable_hauppauge_remote.sh script will work fine by itself
with a 2.6.32 kernel", but when I run that script it says that I need
input-kbd, which I can get by running "apt-get install input-utils". I'm
reluctant to do that, though, since MythDora uses RPM Fusion and I
recall having read a warning once about not mixing up files from the two
sources. I tried searching for input-utils and input-kbd on RPM Fusion
and found nothing.

Any suggestions?

Bob Shanteau