[mythtv-users] How do I disable a tuner

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 28 03:18:09 UTC 2011

On 04/27/2011 11:04 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 4/27/2011 21:16, Jay Cornell wrote:
>> Hi..  I seem to have a bad cable in the basement.  While i am working on
>> the cable, is there a way to easily disable a single tuner -- i have two
>> connected to a combined frontend/backend.  I know that i can go into
>> setup, but i was wondering if i could disable via mythweb or the frontend.//
> You can use the backend protocol and lock the tuner, preventing its use,
> however unless there is some very pressing issue preventing you from
> restarting the backend, just go into mythtv-setup, and disconnect the
> source from the input.

Really, you should also delete the capture card from the Capture Cards
section (or, better, just delete the card, which will disconnect its
input).  MythTV does not like unconnected capture cards.  It's only
designed and tested to have configured and working cards, so if your
card doesn't work, don't leave it configured (even disconnected) in MythTV.

Mike