[mythtv-users] mythtranscode error

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Apr 27 09:05:32 UTC 2011

On 27/04/11 02:27, Matt Harrison wrote:
> Having just fixed an ffmpeg error with ProjectX, I'm now trying to
> workaround a mythtranscode error:
>
> Deadlock detected.  One buffer is full when the other is empty!  Aborting
>
> Now I've googled around a bit and apart from a 5 year old issue ticket,
> the only possibly solution I've found is to use a script on the wiki
> titled mythcutprojectx
>
> Unfortunately, the script is absolutely full of errors (on mythbuntu
> 10.10). I've tried to go through and fix them but there are hundreds, no
> joke.

Works for me, on Fedora 13, although I'm now using a slightly different
version that allows the use of either frame-based or byte-based
cutlists.  I'm still using byte-based.  If it doesn't work for you it
should at least show the steps that are needed.

> Is there really no easier way to fix recordings that give this error? I
> would just re-encode the recordings with my ffmpeg script, but I really
> want to be able to use the cutlist. If I could get the cutlist out in a
> format that ffmpeg might understand that I would just do it that
> way...but...I don't even think that's possible.

Do you know about mythcommflag --getcutlist ?

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9389

> Grateful for some insight.
>
> Thanks

As I have commented before, your posts are invariably long on emotion
and short on data.  Maybe Twitter?

Cheers,

John P