[mythtv-users] stability of mythexport

john.baab at gmail.com john.baab at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 20:21:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> Is anyone else on the list using mythexport?
>
> The design of this seems to be very fragile.  It seems that the
> mythexport user job just sets the job info in the database which the
> mythexport backend process monitors for changes.  The mythexport
> backend does the work of transcoding the recording then it updates the
> table which allows the user job to exit.  What has happened multiple
> times for me now is that something goes wrong with the transcode or
> some other problem with the mythexport backend which causes this
> second update to not happen, which means the user job never exits, and
> the whole job queue in the mythtv backend blocks (no more commercial
> flagging, etc.) until I go in and manually clean it up.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?

Sounds like you have an issue with your config file.  Check the logs,
enable debugging if you aren't seeing anything useful in there.  If
the daemon dies then it never cleans up the run file and your backend
still thinks that the user job is running.  Once you figure out what
is causing the crash you shouldn't see this issue anymore.