[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Modify mythweb flash streaming for an in progress recording (Formula 1)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 18:07:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is fantastic progress, especially if we can have this included in .25
> and even better backported to .24fixes.

We don't backport new features, and although I know it doesn't please
people, the general strategy of the mythweb guys has been not to sink
any more work into flash streaming since the ultimate solution is to
add transcoding to the protocol/backend and use that with an HTML5
video player.

If someone wants to pursue those goals, I am happy to discuss where
one would bolt on backend transcode (for my money, that would be by
adding a new method to the Content API of our brand new API classes).

Robert