[mythtv-users] Is it possible to clear the "Next File" field in MythVideo for all videos?

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:05:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Tom Flair <lists at graniteskies.net> wrote:
> As above.  I have several movies (and TV episodes) that are have the "Next
> File" field populated, sometimes in error.  This gets a little annoying if
> one expects a movie to just end but suddenly the next movie (or episode)
> starts playing.
>
> . . .
>
> Also, is there an option that I have overlooked so this field isn't
> automatically populated again in a future scan?

Agreed.  Auto populating this field is a horrible "feature".  I'm sure
the functionality was added with good intentions.  But it is hugely
annoying to have Rambo 3 start playing after I stop watching Rambo 2.

To compound the above, the user interface for setting/disabling the
"next file" requires the user to scroll through the entire list of
video files currently indexed by mythvideo.  If you have multiple
seasons of long running TV shows in mythvideo, this list of files can
be quite long (mine is >9000 files).

-Ryan