[mythtv-users] ffmpeg errors

Matt Harrison iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com
Sun Apr 24 22:56:45 UTC 2011

On 24/04/2011 22:23, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 24 April 2011 21:20, Matt Harrison<iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com>  wrote:

>>> Run the recordings through ProjectX before editing/re-encoding. I do
>>> this for _all_ DVB-T/S recordings, just in case.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Nick
>>>

>> Thanks I'll take a look at that now.
>
> Depending on the tools you're using for editing/transcoding (and to
> remove extraneous audio tracks) you may want to first demux the
> transport stream into its constituent streams, and then remux into a
> new MPEG2-PS file containing a single M2V video stream and single MP2
> audio track.
>
> Some tools prefer demuxed streams, others work just as well with a
> (fixed) remuxed stream. The current avidemux release can produce
> unsynced audio when using separate audio and video streams - when
> using this tool for lossless editing I use a remuxed file.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

I'm currently using ffmpeg to directly re-encode from the PS. I've
wirrten a little ruby script that works out how many audio and subtitle
tracks there are and makes sure they get properly re-encoded in the new
file. It works like a dream with most files but not these.

I've tried Project-X and demuxed the tracks (only 1 video, 1 audio) in
the current program. Once they're demuxed, ffmpeg doesn't seem to have a
problem with them. There's still the occasional warning message, but it
seems to output a perfectly functioning file now. Thanks for that :)

I'm just debating whether to add support for this in my script, it'll be
a real pain for multiple audio and subtitle tracks, but it would mean I
don't have to do these files by hand.

Thanks

Matt