[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 11.04b2 mceusb remote too sensitive

Greg Hormann ghormann at alumni.indiana.edu
Sat Apr 23 17:25:05 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 6:31 AM, malcolm.torrent
<malcolm.torrent at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/04/2011 00:39, malcolm.torrent wrote:
>>
>> so the problem is probably in the kernel, still no clue on fixing it.
>
> It seems that both the Kernel and LIRC are responding to the remote.
> If I stop LIRC [sudo service lirc stop], I get the menu to move one step.
> However the the controls are only crude, up down left right etc. back
> and ok don't respond at all.
>
> Does anyone know where the kernel gets its remote info from?
> Or how to prevent both systems responding to the remote?

I have to remove 3 modules on boot as outlined in the wiki.    That fixes it.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote#Arrow_Buttons_Repeat

Unfortunately, blacklisting doesn't work. :-(
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta/+question/153205

Greg.