[mythtv-users] iPad Remote Control - Developers Wanted

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Apr 23 04:36:52 UTC 2011

On Apr 22, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Ben Curtis wrote:

> Have you looked at the XBMC app for ideas?
>
> Sure have. They're able to do all kinds of great things like streaming any format via SMB because they are a Jailbreak only application. I'd rather this be an App Store app, which limits me from a streaming perspective. That being said, there are a lot of interactions somewhat lacking in existing solutions, mainly because current apps, while great, are focusing only on the network control features of the main myth module, and not all the functionality inherent in the database or related to plugins (such as auto-playing from MythVideo). These types of things should be possible without a Jailbreak.

In a similar vein to the xbmc app, but available in the App Store, take a
look at Plex and their iPhone/iPad app. Works as both a remote for any
system running the Plex frontend, and as a streaming player -- the Plex
backend transcodes on the fly as needed, using ffmpeg. It also does AirPlay,
I believe.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com