[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 02:31:30 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I don't *need* to use my slave backend, so I've just left it off for
>> the time being. Worst case I can put the HD-PVR on the master as well.
>> I probably should anyway, assuming it doesn't cause any I/O issues.
>
> Question: what is your video setup on the frontend box?  The logs look like
> it's trying to use VDPAU, but I don't see the usual OpenGL parts that say
> what the card config is.  Just in case it is somehow related.

It is a 9400GS chipset, I believe, and it should be using VDPAU, but I
did have some issues with getting that working for some reason, but
I'm pretty sure it does as playing HD material it only runs at around
2-3% CPU usage. I can get you more detailed info tomorrow if you'd
like. Having said that, I think the backend will deadlock just by
scheduling something via Mythweb without even involving the frontend.
I also know that once during testing I hadn't started the slave, so I
had only the MBE running, and while viewing a recording on the
frontend all I did was start the slave and it instantly deadlocked the
master.

Tom