[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 20:46:56 UTC 2011

On 04/22/2011 01:56 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
>
>     >>     Merges in AutoExpire changes from mythtv-rec2
>     > I had a suspicion that might be the one. In my second try at git
>     > bisect route, I am currently compiling exactly that version, so if I
>     > get the same result, I'd say we've found the culprit. I will post when
>     > I've finished my bisect-ing.
>

> Hmmm, OK.  This code was merged at Daniel's request.  I have since found
> one minor issue with the code that I've just fixed, so maybe try again
> with the tip of master?  If you make a new ticket, we will find this
> issue and fix it as best we can.

I have also tested with the latest master. The behavior is somewhat
different than before even though the end result is the same ending in
the deadlock. Prior versions at least brought up a picture but spewed
the deadlock message on a continuing basis. This one there is no picture
and then the deadlock message appears after a few seconds. More of a
rational behavior than before but not working.

If there is some combination (BE/FE) of log generation with specific
verbosity that is needed I'll be happy to oblige.

Bruce