[mythtv-users] Loud pop/crackle sound during playback

Fred Donelly fdonelly at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 00:24:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Dave Badia <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since upgrading to myth 24, I've had a couple of instances where a
> very loud pop/crackle sound comes from my speakers in the middle of
> playback.  It's only happened a few times, but it quite disturbing
> when it does.

I had this as well, but haven't had any time to look into it.  I
worked around it by turning off audio upmixing, and the problem went
away.  I was waiting for some new hardware at which point I was going
to rebuild and see if the problem still occurred with a newer version
of Mythbuntu, I'm currently on 10.04, as I took a guess that a newer
version of ALSA and associated audio drivers would fix the problem.

-Fred