[mythtv-users] Request for help making live TV useable

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Apr 21 19:47:21 UTC 2011

On 4/21/11 3:18 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-04-21 04:47 AM, warpme wrote:
> ..
>>> However.. I also noticed a bunch of decoder fixes in trunk,
>>> dealing with calculating the number of buffers needed,
>>> and fixing bugs where buffers were being recycled while
>>> still in use and so on.
>>>
>>> So I backported those as well to 0.24-fixes. This seems to have made
>>> a noticeable improvement in my PVR-250 LiveTV channel changes.
>>> I can now often change channels 8-10 times without locking up,
>>> whereas normally only (exactly) three channel changes were needed before.
>> Hi,
>> May You post here list of backported commits.
>> I have quite similar problems to Yours and want to try backport and see how it helps in my case.
> ..
>

> I began with this commit from tralph:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/f8c108ef9a5c6bac9ec2414c47e2f404047e43b9
>
> and then added a few follow-on commits from  mark-kendall:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/f54bfcb57dc26cc3a084be8fbed4bc4620726b1b
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/f2713206d10b3ce3198bf4bb40cb60206a36c3d8
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/bd7d2da5b17cdf15c51828548080633be948c79b
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/7d302773791cc8e5d31500143549e25a3ab591fc
>
> And finally the commit that eliminates any need to set vdpaubuffersize=
> in the playback profiles:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/5e04d57bc87a6f422ccba79a493bebef50566162
>
> Those did not all apply cleanly to 0.24-fixes, so a bit of work was required
> to get them to play nicely.
>
> Oh and there was one other commit in there somewhere to initialize
> the vdpau surface states or something -->  that one gets rid of the corrupted
> screen backgrounds after a mythfrontend crash.
>
> Anyway, the patch files that work for me are now on my server
> at http://rtr.ca/mythtv_patches/  -->  patches 40 through 45.
>
> They probably will apply cleanly to any mythtv-0.24-fixes base,
> but there might be a mismatch or two due to other patches
> (not yet made available) which I may have applied underneath it all.
>
> Cheers

Mark,

I applied all patches. So far no any issues, however I think some HD
movies I have now started to play OK.
Before patching I remember some of them have slowly creeping
pixelization issue. Now it looks like issue gone. All those movies were
playing OK in mplayer so creeping pixelization was definitely myth issue.
Now I will do long term tests and next days I will report how things are
going.

Thanx again for Your work with backporting.

BTW: I backported MythUI notifications as I'm using them for VoIP caller
ID, monitoring system CPU/GPU/Fans etc.
If You are interested - let me know - I'll upload patch to Your server.

Take care !