[mythtv-users] Vergin Media V+ HD

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 13:27:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm considering switching from Sky + to Virgin Media with the V+ HD box. Does anyone on the list use a PVR250 (or similar) to record from the V+ HD Box? I currently have a PVR250 connected to the composite output (via the Sky+ SCART socket) and would like to be able to do the same if I switch. I'm also controlling the Sky+ box with a Hauppage MCE IR Transmitter- will I be able to control the Virgin box in the same way and is there an LIRC config file for the V+ HD box?

Slightly off topic, does (or will) Virgin Media provide a fixed IP Address on their high speed fibre broadband?

Regards,
Dave.