[mythtv-users] Theme Teams

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 20 02:21:44 UTC 2011

On 04/19/2011 08:43 PM, Michael Lynch wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Ever wanted to create or improve a theme, but just don't have the time
>> to do all the work yourself?  Do you use a theme that you love, but
>> that's just not finished or needs updating?
> Mike, thanks for getting this out there.  It looks well thought out
> and sounds like it's just what I need.  I do like themeing, but have
> had minimal time as of late to actual do any of it.  Sure, I get in
> bits and pieces every now and then, but if I was only working on one
> part, I'd feel like I was getting more accomplished.  You can count me
> in on the themeing teams.

Sounds good.  I also wanted to mention that I put up a page at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Theme_Teams with the start of a list of
information about the current themes and maintainers.

For any themers who would lke to start a team for working on their
themes, please say so in the "Team/individual could use some help?"
column.  (And if I missed any themes, I apologize, and ask that others
help add the ones I missed--I basically just included the ones from the
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Themes page.)  Note, also, that I
proactively put MythCenter and MythCenter-wide into the list of "wants
help" themes.

Anyone who uses any of the themes that are marked as wanting help and
who would like to help with that theme, please add yourself to the,
"Contact person(s) and/or website" column.  Or, feel free to create a
wiki page for the theme and provide some information about the theme in
general and add a section for people interested in helping.

Oh, and the format of the page is plagiarized from the Translation page,
so feel free to modify it, as appropriate, to make it better suited to
theme-related information. Eventually, I plan to add links to theme web
pages and/or wiki pages (as I find them) and repositories.  I'd like to
have more information in the status section, but not sure what all
should go in there (so feel free to add stuff and it may actually help
us realize we need other columns or whatever).

Mike

P.S. Michael, even if a theme isn't finished, it can be added to the
page, with an invitation for help, if desired.  So, if someone was at
the point where he felt he had the basic style of the theme in place, it
might be a good way to help get all those screens finished up.  Not that
I'm announcing to the world a theme that hasn't been announced, or
anything.  Please move along, now.  Nothing to see here.  :)