[mythtv-users] Naming conventions?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:38:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 April 2011 08:08, Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>>  I was given Law and order UK season 1 as a gift... I ripped the
>> episodes to mkv's..I gave them the usual name Law and Order :UK
>> s01e01.mkv. It won't download the metadata..I looked on the TVDB and
>> there is covers and fan art....
>>
>> I have tried:  Law & Order :UK s01e01.mkv,Law and Order UK
>> s01e01.mkv,Law and Order :UK (2009 s01e01.mkv
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea what I am missing?
> I named all files as:
>
> Law.And.Order.UK.S0xE0x.avi and mythtv find the data with no problem.
>
> Absolutely brilliant series I have to say. I wasn't a fan of the first
> few episodes because they were just replay of original (and excellent
> at that) episodes. But from there it was awesome. The actors are
> brilliant. Became my favourite of the franchise.
>
> Too bad they aren't coming to Australia and there aren't enough of them..

Once the files have been processed once by mythvideo, they tend to
stay like that in the database, as a name change doesn't affect the
hash of the file, which is what mythvideo uses to detect changes. It
might pay to purge them all from the database (I tend to do this
manually through the command line (with a very careful check first to
make sure my search terms are right), do the name change and then
rescan.