[mythtv-users] 0.24-fixes mythvideo - Will Internal Play *.avi or *.wmv?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Mon Apr 18 23:36:30 UTC 2011

On 4/18/2011 11:42 AM, Rob Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Drew Tomlinson
> <drew at mykitchentable.net>  wrote:
>> Can I play them with the internal player?
> logs with -v playback are needed to really answer what's going on.

I found this in the logs when attempting to play:

sh: mplayer: command not found

I then looked at my Player Settings and see that the Default Player and
VCD Player is set to "mplayer <options>".  I set up the Alternate Player
to "Internal" and can play *.avi and *.wmv files if I select to play
with the Alternate Player.

So, is there any reason why I might want to install mplayer or should I
just change the default player and VCD player to "Internal"?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Like card tricks?