[mythtv-users] 0.24-fixes mythvideo - Will Internal Play *.avi or *.wmv?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Mon Apr 18 17:27:55 UTC 2011

I recently upgraded from 0.21 to 0.24-fixes.  I've noticed that *.avi
and *.wmv files are no longer played by mythvideo.  I found my way to
file associations and these two file types didn't have a player command
associated.  I tried typing "Internal" and then stopped and restarted
the frontend.  These files still do not play.  I also think that I have
the win32codecs installed properly.  I'm using Gentoo and have
media-libs/win32codecs installed which should be that's all that's needed.

Can I play them with the internal player?  Or do I have to load
something else like xine, mplayer, or vlc and then set up the approriate
command line.  Since I always prefer simple, I'm really hoping I can
play with the internal player and am just missing a simple step.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Like card tricks?