[mythtv-users] User Job Progress Meter?

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:45:42 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Greg Grotsky
<spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like how commercial detection jobs show the progress status in
> percentage on the "System Information" screen and in mythweb.  Is there any
> way for me to have my user jobs feed back this kind of progress meter?
>
> Thanks,
> -Greg

The last time I looked into this, I concluded that it's possible,
though extremely difficult (for my skill level, anyway). IIRC, job
progress is a value in the database, and the native Myth tools
periodically update the database with the progress level. User jobs
could theoretically do this too, but you'd have to build into your
script a method of parsing the output of whatever CLI command you're
using (or calculate the progress some other way) and then have it
periodically write that value to the correct table in the database.

If you do end up doing this, it would be great if you could share your
method. I'd like to take a stab at it too.