[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect timing out during Mythfilldatabase

DeKay dekaymail at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 20:32:15 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Frank Phillips <frankalso at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am in Canada, I use DD-WRT on my router with no special rules, and I
>>> did not have any issues running mythfilldatabase just now. I am using
>>> Mysql 5.1, but I can't see how Mysql would affect download speeds, so
>>> I would guess it's something to do with your account specifically. Did
>>> you try using the contact us page?
>>> https://www.schedulesdirect.org/contact
>>>
>>> Tom
>>
>>  I think it could still be the mysql problem. Consider that wget gets the
>> first one or two files OK. If mythfilldatabase then begins processing them
>> and gets hung up doing so, perhaps it slows the system down as a result.
>> Both users with the problem have 300-500 channels to update. I run
>> ArchLinux/mysql 5.5 and don't have the problem, but I only grab data for 12
>> channels.
>
> Good point, but the OP said that if he just tried to grab the file
> directly outside of mythfilldatabase, it still goes slow.
>
> Tom

I am on Arch but didn't upgrade to MySQL 5.5 yet.  And I'm 100% sure
it isn't MySQL, though it was my first suspicion and had to rule that
out.  I did some earlier debugging where I turned on all the
mythfilldatabase debugging.  The database ops between file gets are
fast: it is getting the file that takes forever.  The file gets and
database operations don't overlap either: a slow database operation
wouldn't time out the wget operation.

And I've posted this to the SD support forum, though my message is
sitting in moderation right now.