[mythtv-users] asus my cinema tv card

collin smith da_bad_badger at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:22:18 UTC 2011

Hi I been looking to see if my tv tuner card will work with mythtv, it is a pci tv tuner card with chip number SAA7136E. This is not a pcie card and it is made by asus.

This is my first htpc build and so far this is what I got to work with
motherboard- asus-M2N68-am plus
cpu- Athlon II : X2 260
ram- 2 gigs of drr
video- ati-hd4870
tv-tuner card- asus my cinema (pci)
hard drive- 2TB  western digital, sata ,  64mb
dvd drive- lg-DVD,CD burner, sata
antec fusion remote (black)

I know I could use a upgrade on my mouther board and not to sure about the tv tuner card but I hate to upgrade both of them but in order to get a pci-e tv tuner card I need to upgrade the moutherboard