[mythtv-users] LIRC and MythBuntu 10.10

Greg Hormann ghormann at alumni.indiana.edu
Fri Apr 15 15:35:07 UTC 2011

 On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> If that fix is not already in Ubuntu-10.10, then you should probably
>> pursue the Ubuntu kernel maintainers and try to get it added there.
>
> Good luck, I tried pushing fixes to them several months ago for some
> of the many issues their shipping imon driver has. Unless the fixes
> came in via the -stable tree, it didn't meet their stable update
> release criteria, or something like that. Since the imon bits in the
> Ubuntu kernel were acquired via a backport, there's no corresponding
> stable tree bits. Same thing for lirc_serial.

Jarod has *way* more influence than I'll ever have, so we'll consider
me pushing them a non starter. :-)

> My suggestion for anyone running Ubuntu that is experiencing IR driver
> issues is to go this route:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers

Um.  I'll have to play with this some more.  I tried it a few weeks
ago, but ended up with a build failure that didn't appear to be
firedtv related. I'll spend some more time on it this time...

Greg