[mythtv-users] Force refresh of recordings list?

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Fri Apr 15 13:05:28 UTC 2011

I have a script which manually updates the recording group on
recorded programs depending on certain criteria. It does this by
directly accessing the database to update the recgroup column in the
recording table, via a php script.

This brings me to a couple of questions.

1. Is there a better way to do this, via either the perl or python
mythtv bindings? I appreciate that direct database updates are
frowned upon and I would prefer to do it the proper way if possible!
I've checked the wiki and can't see any api for updating the
recgroup for a recording.

2. The problem I have with 1. above is that once the recgroup is
updated, the frontend doesn't automatically see the changes. I would
like to send some kind of "recordings refresh" command to all
frontends to tell it to refresh it's list of recordings. Is this
possible? Again, I've searched the wiki and can't see anything that
looks relevant.

Thanks.
--
Mike Holden