[mythtv-users] Partitioning advice request

francis3 francis3 at libero.it
Fri Apr 15 08:57:55 UTC 2011

* Greg Hormann <ghormann at alumni.indiana.edu> [140411, 20:39]:
[...]
>No. You're not going to make a single physical device spin faster.

That's what I supposed too. :-)

>If anything, you'll make it slightly slower with additional overhead.
>
>You are putting your database on a ramdisk? That sounds like a very
>good way to loose a database.

Yes I do. I know there's a potential risk to loose the DB, that's why I
back it up quite often. But I can't stand Hd noises of mysql reading and
writing the DB.

I think at the end I'll add a second drive for OS and DB, maybe a SSD
would be a good idea.

Many thanks you for your opinion.

regards.
f.

--
francis3  - GnuPG Key ID = 05A867E6
Key fingerprint = 2622 A58F DAE3 034B 986A  B456 FC80 DD7F 05A8 67E6