[mythtv-users] SOLVED: MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Brent Norris brent at brentnorris.net
Fri Apr 15 00:42:50 UTC 2011

On 4/13/2011 11:23 PM, brianr69 at gmail.com wrote:

> I understand how much time and dedication it has taken to develop your
> product (for free).  However, if you want to attract a larger
> audience... (to quote an old southern-USA saying) you'll get more flies
> with honey than with vinegar.

They get this a lot on the Fedora list and their answer is always
something along the lines of "What makes you think we want a wider
audience?"

The people that write MythTV do it because they want something for
themselves.  They are just nice enough to post their results on the
internet for the rest of us.

No where have I ever read that Isaac or anyone else is attempting to
convince people to use MythTV. No where have I ever read that they were
attempting to attract a larger audience.

Also (for the most part) it seems that the people that work on MythTV
aren't the people on this list.

Bren