[mythtv-users] Android set top boxes as a myth frontend?

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:53:44 UTC 2011

Hi all,

A number of the local electronics discounters are beginning to offer
android based set top boxes that are mostly used for streaming
internet video and the like, They're claimed to be able to play 1080p
streams, have a 1GHz ARM CPU, 512MB of ram etc. One can also get a
mini keyboard with them. Has anyone else seen these and wondered what
it would take to have a mythtv frontend on them? I've been pleasantly
surprised by an el-cheapo Android 7" tablet I bought a while ago and
have been messing about with the notion of doing some programming on
it, but it looks difficult to do anything other than Java.

    Stephen