[mythtv-users] SOLVED: MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

brianr69 at gmail.com brianr69 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 03:43:01 UTC 2011

A while ago, I posted a question about MythTV vs. Windows Media Center.  My
initial question was harmless... I wanted to know why I would choose one
over the other as I had no experience with either.

Many of the replies I received were quite obnoxious.

I downloaded the "Mythbuntu" installation disc.  I installed it on my
system, and it crashed.

However, after all your responses, I am happy to report that my Myth
installation disc is now working flawlessly... as a coaster.

My rum and coke is sitting on it right now!  It works perfectly.  As does my
Windows Media Center PC!  It's awesome!  Thanks so much for making my choice
obvious. If it were not for your holier-than-thou responses, I wouldn't have
so quickly chosen Windows.

Thanks.  FOSS works for me.

Brian