[mythtv-users] Fwd: yet another user with MythWeb problems on recent GIT versions

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:05:05 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matt W <mwood23 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] yet another user with MythWeb problems on recent
GIT versions
To: Rob Smith <nospamhere at mythtv.org>

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Rob Smith <kormoc at mythtv.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Matt W <mwood23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What's disappointing is the complete lack of log output in access or
> error
> > logs that would be helpful.  I'm out of ideas.  Thanks for the reply,
> > though!
>
> For whatever reason, we're unable to check the filesystem.
>
> See
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/blob/master/includes/defines.php#L65
> and
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/blob/master/includes/defines.php#L82
>
> for how we figure out where the module directory is.
>
> I'm suspecting it's related to the suhosin patches, but have no proof.
>
> ~Rob

[oops, mean to send this back to the list!]

Hm thanks for the pointer.  just for kicks, I commented out the suhosin
entry in the php modules config file.  Did an apache restart and now
accessing the mythweb page gives a blank page for a few minutes, then
suddenly some output.  a bit different than before, a couple more errors
about timezone blahdeblah.  but one interesting one:

User Notice at /usr/local/mythtv/share/mythtv/bindings/php/MythBackend.php,
line 99:
!!NoTrans: Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION '65': !!

unfortunately nothing useful in apache error.log or the php error log I set
up to catch "E_ALL" in php.ini.

I have no qualms compiling a cleaner/"vanilla" Apache and PHP.  Not sure
what modules PHP would need to run MythWeb, the docs I've found don't seem
to spell it out.  GD, iconv, etc  (?)

[and duh...
Current versions of these in use by the MythWeb developer(s) are 2.2.x for
Apache, 5.3.x for PHP, and 5.8.x for Perl.  Make sure to build both Apache
and
PHP according to the instructions at the PHP home site, and be sure to
include
support for session, MySQL, pcre, posix and json when building PHP.
]

so let me work on getting that environment set up  :D