[mythtv-users] find orphans.py question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 13 18:46:36 UTC 2011

On 04/13/2011 02:41 PM, Warpme wrote:
> Sorry for slight off-topic.
> I'm using script below in regular way in my 0.24-fixes production system.
> I consider it useful as it allows me to do regular maintenance
> (especially cleaning up DB & storage groups)

Please let us know what regular problems you're finding so that we can
fix our broken code that leaves orphaned files.

Workarounds don't work.  We need to fix the problems, and can't do that
if no one reports them.

I have never had an orphaned file on my MythTV system (in use since May
2004), and have only had orphaned metadata when I had hard drive crashes
and lost the recordings on the file system.  If you regularly need to
maintain your DB and storage groups, something is wrong.

Thanks,
Mike