[mythtv-users] MythCenter-wide theme customization

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Apr 13 03:51:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 09:36:34PM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Kevon <mythtv at reidsresidence.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to customize the MythCenter-wide theme but I am not having
> > much luck finding the setting I want to change. I am using the list mode
> > in myth video and some of my seasons with very long name does not show
> > the season/episode number in the top right. I would like to display the
> > season/episode number in the bottom left as well (left of the video
> > image, just above the video info). Anyone know where in the xml file I
> > need to modify to add this feature?
>
> I'm not a theming expert but I ran into the same general issue. What
> you have to do is find out if what you're trying to change is part of
> the "end" theme or inherited from a "base" theme.
>
> I'm not using the correct terminology but hopefully that helps.
>
> I believe MythCenter-wide gets a lot of it's configuration from
> default-wide. You can choose to change it there or override it in

    Yes. MythCenter-wide "inherits" from default-wide. You will have
to start working in there first. The MythVideo bits that MythCenter-wide
uses are in there.

    If you are going to tinker around with themes, you should create your
own versions so that your own mods don't get blown away by any updates.

[deletia]