[mythtv-users] sound channel settings changes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:39:04 UTC 2011

On 13 April 2011 07:25, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does those changes only occur when you restart mythfrontend ; or just
> when you do a generic playback.
>
> You could always start mythfrontend with -v audio ; and when you
> notice a change , post the logs somewhere..

Also, before going into the settings, check the mysql value of the MaxChannels.
In mysql you run:
SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value = 'MaxChannels';

This will show something like:
mysql> SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value = 'MaxChannels' ;
+-------------+------+------------------------------+
| value       | data | hostname                     |
+-------------+------+------------------------------+
| MaxChannels | 6    | htpc.avenard.org             |
| MaxChannels | 8    | me                           |
| MaxChannels | 2    | mediumme                     |
| MaxChannels | 2    | minime                       |
| MaxChannels | 2    | mythtv-usb                   |
| MaxChannels | 2    | pcdev                        |
| MaxChannels | 6    | pcliving                     |
| MaxChannels | 2    | ubuntu                       |
| MaxChannels | 2    | ubuntu-vm                    |
19 rows in set (0.05 sec)

Then you know if the database got changed or the issue is somewhere
else and the symptoms you are seeing got nothing to do with the
database being changed.

JY