[mythtv-users] yet another user with MythWeb problems on recent GIT versions

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 04:01:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Matt W <mwood23 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ...and that user would be me :-)
>>
>> I've done everything I can think of to get things working and it's just
>> not happening.  All I get is the dark grey splash page with the MythTV logo
>> in the corner, that's it.  Nothing in php error log, nothing in httpd error
>> log.  The only semi useful error I see is:
>>
>> Warning: Failed to open translation file:
>> /var/www/mythweb/_shared/lang/English.lang in
>> /var/www/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 172
>>
>> Close but no cigar... the lang files appear to be in a directory called
>> "modules":
>>

> Sounds like you have conflicting versions of files.  Wipe your mythweb
> folder from /var/www and start again with a fresh copy from GIT/source.
>
> Kevin

oh well, I did a full cleanup, \rm -rf on /var/www/mythweb and \rm -rf on
the mythweb.git directory, and then I did a git clone there.  did a cp -r *
of the files into /var/www/mythweb.

http://i.imgur.com/GO20D.png

yes I tried disabling Adblock too.   :)  Note the misplaced lang file error
again.

when I check to see if they changed the apache conf file example... I don't
see much.

mythtv2:~/src/mythtv/trunk/mythweb.git/mythweb$ diff mythweb.conf.apache
/etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf
29c29
<     <Directory "/var/www/html/data">
---
>     <Directory "/var/www/mythweb/data">
32c32
<     <Directory "/var/www/html" >
---
>     <Directory "/var/www/mythweb" >

What's disappointing is the complete lack of log output in access or error
logs that would be helpful.  I'm out of ideas.  Thanks for the reply,
though!