[mythtv-users] MythTV Does Not See PVR-250 - Must Fix Before Wife Returns!

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sun Apr 10 22:43:17 UTC 2011

On 4/10/2011 3:28 PM, Rob Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 3:26 PM, John Drescher<drescherjm at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The following overlay is easy to use and works fine with my ivtv
>> devices in gentoo and a 2.6.38 kernel:
>> http://github.com/MarcT/mt-mythtv/wiki
> The official one does as well with a properly configured kernel. He'll
> have the same issue with your build.

OK, now I'm confused.  I was using the overlay at
https://github.com/MythTV/packaging.  It's my understanding that Gentoo
ebuilds in that overlay will NOT work with 2.6.38 kernels because v4L1
is no longer supported.  If I'm understanding correctly, that ebuild

Then other posts suggest that the current 0.24-fixes has patches so that
v4L1 is no longer required and thus, CAN be used with a 2.6.38 kernel.
Thus I've been trying to figure out how to get the current 0.24-fixes
installed on my box.

So, can I use either of these overlays to get a mythtv build that
supports ivtv?  If so, which one.  And if so, what must be included to
ensure a "properly configured kernel"?

Or optionally, can you tell me how to tweak the ebuild to get the
current 0.24-fixes?  In the reading I've done on git, it seems like
finding the magical SHA1 numbers and editing the ebuild might do it.

Thanks for your help,

Like card tricks?

Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse to
learn card magic secrets for free!