[mythtv-users] trandcoding messes up 6 channel audio slow audio playback

Scott Macdonell genius9976 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 23:48:20 UTC 2011

> It's more to know about how it is called; what arguments are provided;
> media being used with etc.
>
> I backported most of the changes to mythtranscode from trunk to the
> jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24 branch
> (you can browse the code there:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24)
>
> Either that or use master/trunk and see if it helps in any ways. There
> were a lot of bugs in mythtranscode; I believe I have fixed most of
> the one audio related in recent version of mythtv/master

FYI to those experiencing this problem. I tried using mythnuv2mkv and a user job
instead of mythtranscode, thinking that might work. It caused the same problems
with 6 channel audio. So... if anyone else had that idea... don't waste your
time. It seems like it was also calling mythtranscode the userjob just calls
mythtranscode.

Also, will these fixes end up in the rpmfusion packages or atrpms packages
before too long? I've never used trunk or anything like that, but if it's going
to be a long time it might be worth it to me to figure it out

Thanks