[mythtv-users] Custom Schedule for Formula One|Formula 1|F1GP

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 10:39:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:19 PM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Wayne Thomas <waynethomas69 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I use:
>> (program.title LIKE '%formula 1%'
>> OR program.title LIKE '%F1%'
>> OR program.subtitle LIKE '%formula 1%'
>> OR program.subtitle LIKE '%F1%'
>> OR program.description LIKE '%formula 1%'
>> OR program.description LIKE '%F1%')
>> it does pick up the occasional program that isn't Formula 1 (due to
>> mentioning F1 in the description) but thats on only 3 or 4 a year and can
>> easily be ignored (although they can be worth a watch too if you are F1
>> crazy).
>
> Brilliant.  Thanks heaps!

This is working great, I get all the little specials that are aired on
F1 weekends.  What I am struggling with is that my channel priority
rules are messing with the recording.

Here in AU, the F1 is shown live on the HD sports channel and later in
the evening it is re-run on the SD channel.  I have reduced the
priority of my HD channel, since I don't care too much for the extra
resolution and the storage space it needs (and the extra strain it
puts on my borderline FE when playing back).  Now though, my scheduler
has decided to record the SD showing later in the evening than the HD
showing that is live.

Is there any way to have a recording rule that tells the scheduler to
record the earliest showing, ignoring channel priority?