[mythtv-users] mytharchive problems after upgrading to 0.24.

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:37:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> On 07/04/11 02:46, John Drescher wrote:
>>> I switched themes to Compact and got a DVD. The dvd was somehow a lot
>>> smaller than expected but it looks like for some reason the cutlist is
>>> inverted. I mean I got only the commercials instead if the program. I
>>> guess the advertisers would be happy...
>>>

>> I believe this problem is the following bug:
>>
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9389
>>
>> John
>
> Yes, that's it.  Apologies.  I should have mentioned it in the earlier
> thread.  But the ticket isn't just a bug report; it includes a drop-in
> replacement for use in 0.24 for the cutlist translator routine in
> mythburn.py.

Thanks. I got that to work after I figured out that the first SQL
statement needed to be fixed with type=1 not the second. However I
only tried 1 recording and just watched that last night so I did not
comment on its success or failure yet. I will try to get back to the
other bug this weekend if possible (depending on what the wife has
planned for me).

> I usually cut before entering MythArchive, using the same
> logic in the mythcutprojectx script, but I have used the modified
> internal version with success.  I'm afraid I don't know why the broken
> version hasn't yet been dropped.  Maintainability ought to be better if
> a new version was eventually based on mythcommflag --getcutlist instead
> of addressing the db directly, but I kept as close as I could to the
> existing code.

I used to do that for a few years on all recordings but now I am back
to just cutting when archiving to dvd. I believe I did that because
the builtin mythtranscode always created an AV sync problem but the
external projectX did not.

John