[mythtv-users] mythweb NO DATA with HDHR

bhaskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Thu Apr 7 21:13:27 UTC 2011

Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-04-07 03:50 PM, bhaskins wrote:
>
>> I'm really dreading the release of ubuntu 11 this month.
>> For me both versions of 9 were rock solid, 10 has been all pain, no gain.
>> Sadly, late versions of Fedora seem to have the same problems.
>>

> 10.10 was a lot of pain for me too, upgrading from 8.04 (I think).
> Necessary pain, though, to get recent enough libs etc.. so that mythtv-0.24
> would build and install.
>
> Next time I'll just go pure debian
Both of my biggest "buntu 10" problems.... broken hibernation and no
wireless restore after interruption.. are actually worse under debian
and yes, I've spent lots of time reporting the problems.
But it's still a lot better than having to use the BS_OS, which I'm
forced to do now and then.
That experience always reminds me of the old story about "pounding
yourself on the head with a hammer cuz it feels so good when you stop"