[mythtv-users] Mythweb (Flowplayer) and Android OS

Glenn Harris gharris at eklo.com
Wed Apr 6 16:36:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:37 AM, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:

> David Whyte wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
>>

>>> 200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip]
>>> 'theurl.flv''
>>>
>>> where 'theurl.flv' is my Mythweb's url with the path/filename, of
>>> course.
>>>

>> What do your web server logs say?
>>
>> My HTC Hero doesn't even load the player unfortunately.  But I agree,
>> it would be cool to get these flash streams to play on the android
>> devices.
>
> David, here's the dump from the apache2 error log:
>
> [Sun Sep 05 20:29:20 2010] [error] [client 24.156.1.197] Digest: uri
> mismatch -
> <https://www.malibyte.net:6943//mythweb/pl/stream/1479/1283691540.flv>
> does not match request-uri <//mythweb/pl/stream/1479/1283691540.flv>,
> referer:
> https://www.malibyte.net:6943/mythweb/tv/flowplayer-3.1.1.swf?0.5081669306382537
>
> Same happens when I access it via http: rather than https:.
>
> The Myth box is in my internal network.  Port 6880 on the firewall is
> being forwarded to 80 on the Myth box, likewise for 6943 and 443.  So it
> appears that the url is getting truncated, hence the mismatch.
>
> This must be a browser-specific issue on the phone, because I have no
> problem streaming through Firefox on my laptop remotely.
>
> Bob

It apparently has to do with the way the Android browser (w/flash)
requests digest authenticated files, then mod_rewrite gets involved
and apache gets cranky.

I was able to work-around this problem by disabling authentication for
.flv streams.  The directive is in the sample apache mythweb config
file, but it is commented out:

<LocationMatch .*/pl/stream/[0-9]+/[0-9]+.flv>
    Allow from all
</LocationMatch>

I added the .flv part to make me slightly better about disabling authentication.

--Glenn