[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Modify mythweb flash streaming for an in progress recording (Formula 1)

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Apr 6 03:59:14 UTC 2011

On 4/5/2011 23:43, David Whyte wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I likely said something to the effect of flash streaming being
>> unsupported, and that the transcode needs to be done directly by the
>> backend before it's considered officially supported... or some
>> variation on that theme.  (Alternately, I might have said something
>> about the big red box everyone is theoretically made to read before
>> enabling it where they acknowledge that it's unsupported, with the
>> above being the general idea of where we'd like to go with it)
> No worries.  It was your post at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/452942#452942,
> particularly the bit about an HTML5 player that made me assume it was
> on its way out.

The existing flash player in MythWeb is largely considered dead end
code, with a desire to move to an HTML5 player, streaming video from the
backend over MythXML, proxied through MythWeb, with either real-time
transcoding, or batch transcoding and storage of multiple videos per
recording.  Do not misunderstand these desires as someone actively
working towards these goals with a planned scheduled.