[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Modify mythweb flash streaming for an in progress recording (Formula 1)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 01:46:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:31 PM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Rob Smith <kormoc at mythtv.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 4:40 PM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I realise that the mythweb flash streaming feature is not supported
>>> and appears to be removed or on its way to removal in upcoming
>>> releases.
>>
>> The removal is news to me...
>
> Oh, I jumped to that conclusion based on some comments by Robert M on
> the mailing list.  I may be completely wrong.

I likely said something to the effect of flash streaming being
unsupported, and that the transcode needs to be done directly by the
backend before it's considered officially supported... or some
variation on that theme.  (Alternately, I might have said something
about the big red box everyone is theoretically made to read before
enabling it where they acknowledge that it's unsupported, with the
above being the general idea of where we'd like to go with it)

Robert