[mythtv-users] HDHR suddenly blank......... Fixed

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Apr 6 00:08:48 UTC 2011

On 4/5/2011 19:56, bhaskins wrote:
> Raymond Wagner wrote:

>>> Yes, but I think my usage pattern is different than most on this list
>>> in that I hardly ever keep anything after viewing it.
>>> Dual tuner HDHR.
>>> Low power Sempron file server/backend (only).
>>> Backend/Frontend that often busy on other ( non myth ) applications.
>>>
>> Are both backends actually configured to use the same tuner?
> Yes.

Why not just define the HDHR on the primary backend (presuming you're
running a single setup, and not two completely independent backends)?
Splitting the two tuners on the device between two backends just seems
to be unnecessarily complicating things.  Surely even an old Sempron can
handle the 78Mbps that a single HDHR can output.