[mythtv-users] HDHR suddenly blank......... Fixed

bhaskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Tue Apr 5 23:56:21 UTC 2011

Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 4/5/2011 18:46, bhaskins wrote:
>
>> Raymond Wagner wrote:

>>> Other backend?  You have two backends using the same HDHomeRun?
>>>

>> Yes, but I think my usage pattern is different than most on this list
>> in that I hardly ever keep anything after viewing it.
>> Dual tuner HDHR.
>> Low power Sempron file server/backend (only).
>> Backend/Frontend that often busy on other ( non myth ) applications.
>>

> Are both backends actually configured to use the same tuner?
Yes.
>  That seems
> like you would have awful trouble with conflicting recordings.

Actually, the HDHR is set up as encoder 123 on the first tuner and 456
on the second.
Beyond this there are two cable boxes that can feed PVR150s (SD) /
Firewireand a much-modified Tivo and a Dockstar in the mix.
This can dump out to a Samsung blue-ray box and a Asus O!play besides
the Frontend box.

TV nut? not at all, just nice stuff to have around.

It seems that if there were five watchable shows in a month, they would
all be across from each other and at that time my wife would want to
watch HER show.
With my setup thats not a problem.
This is all "driven" remotely from any one of four laptops.

FWIW, I'm an "Old Fart" active in computers since 1968.... anyone else
on the list remember the PDP 8 and the PDP 11?