[mythtv-users] Anybody using analog "soft encoder" tuners under 0.24 ?

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Apr 5 21:11:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
> On 11-04-05 05:01 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>>>  I am trying this with an HVR-950Q in a pure OTA/NTSC setup.
>>
>> The 950q requires you to set the xc5000 modprobe option to disable
>> power management.  Otherwise the frontend will timeout during firmware
>> upload.
>

> Yeah, I got that.  I'm the guy that originally figured that out years ago. :)

Well, I might have figured it out first, since I added the modprobe
option to the driver.  :-)

> It successfully tunes the first channel on entry to LiveTV,
> and plays it just fine.  But hitting channel up/down retunes it
> and the frontend never successfully plays the newly tuned channel.

That indeed sounds like breakage in MythTV.  None of that stuff has
changed in the driver in quite some time.

> After it dies, I can go back in, reenter LiveTV, and it then plays fine
> again, this time on the channel it crashed on earlier.
>
> And so on.

Sounds like somebody is going to have to break out a debugger and see
what is going on.  I haven't done a debug compile of MythTV since I
built 0.22 to get analog working with the 950Q in the first place.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com