[mythtv-users] Sky HD in Switzerland (Eutelsat 13.0 & Astra 19.2)

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:13:23 UTC 2011

2011/4/5 Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer at bluewin.ch>:
> Hi all
>
> I'd like to finally get rid of Cablecom and CI+ slavery :-)
> But I'm not sure which would be the best setup for me since I'm only a
> MythTV User and not a Linux Hacker.
>
> In Switzerland I can get Sky HD from Astra 19.2° and the Swiss stations
> from Eutelsat 13.0°.
> As far as I know there are smartcards for both of them needed.
> Sky uses smartcards that use an Alphcrypt Module.
> Swiss TV uses a Viaccess module.
>
> I found this card that should be working:
> - Technisat SkyStar HD2
> (http://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2.aspx?Reiter=Bilder&Artikel=161347)
> and a CI module for Sky HD:
> - TechniSat Common Interface für SkyStar HD2
> (http://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2.aspx?Reiter=Bilder&Artikel=187571)
> and one for Swiss TV:
> - Viaccess CI Modul
> (http://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2.aspx?Reiter=Bilder&Artikel=148163)
>
> Or should I go for another DVB-S2 card like the ones listed in the
> MythTV Wiki:
> - Mystique SaTiX-S2 V2 CI Dual
> (http://www.mystique-tv.de/en/product-overview/tv-karten/dvb-s-dvb-s2/mystique-satix-s2-v2-ci-dual)
> This seems very interesting because it's a dual tuner and should have
> good linux support (at least it's written on the manufacterer's homepage)
> - NetUP Dual DVB S2 CI
> (http://www.netup.tv/en-EN/dual_dvb-s2-ci_card.php) Another dual tuner
> card with build in CI module but is it compatible to the Alphacrypt and
> Viaccess modules?
> - Turbosight TBS6980 PCIe Dual DVB-S2
> (http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/6980.html) A third dual tuner
> card but can I connect it to any CI modules?
> - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4000
> - Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2
>
> Can I combine any of CI modules with any DVB-S2 card?
>
> What confuses me is that I need two smartcards (one for Sky HD and one
> for the Swiss channels). Will I have to switch the cards and modules all
> the time or do I have to buy another set of DVB-S2 and CI module to
> avoid this? Or is it possible to connect several CI modules with
> smartcards to my backend and the the different DVB cards get the key
> from the smartcards thatis needed because of the channel which is tuned
> to? If you know what I mean :-?
>
> I hope you can give me some general information / links about all this
> satellite topic.
> It would be great if there are any Swiss, German and Austrian people who
> have experience with Sky HD and maybe Swiss TV too.
> Some information about DVB-S2 with user experiences about how hard it
> was to get the hardware working would very desirable :-)
>

> Thanks in advance for your help
> Ramon

Hello Ramon, I know that this will terrible for some users, but I have
a Tevii S470 DVB-S2 PCIe with SASC-NG and it works great.

SASC-NG is softcam to use with budget cards, you need to find info
about this out of the list.

If you need more info I can send some links, mail me.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano