[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase during recording screws up recordings.

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 20:48:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011, Douglas Peale wrote:

> Is there any way to prevent mythfilldatabase from running simultaneous to a recording? Can something be done in the scheduler to
> keep them separate?

Why not use ionice? I run mysqld, mythfrontend and mythbackend with 'ionice
-c 2' and run all the IO-heavy tasks run by MythArchive and my commflagging
wrapper script with 'ionice -c 3' so that they don't disrupt recordings or
playback.  mythfilldatabase is probably another candidate for the same
treatment, so I've just enabled that on my system.

HTH,
Alex