[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase during recording screws up recordings.

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Mon Apr 4 04:50:24 UTC 2011

Is there any way to prevent mythfilldatabase from running simultaneous to a recording? Can something be done in the scheduler to
keep them separate?

That is not the only thing on my system causing corrupted recordings on my system, but it is the most common cause.

I plan to re-install Ubuntu when 11.04 comes out, and use a second spindle for recordings when I do, but one would think that it
would be possible to avoid disk contention, prioritize disk activity, or at least provide some form of RAM cache big enough to
prevent lost data on an i7 system with 6 GB of RAM.

Sorry for the rant, just annoyed at another corrupted recording.