[mythtv-users] 0.24 and problems playing video

Sean Mahrt sean at littleappleservice.com
Sun Apr 3 19:10:27 UTC 2011

OK, so here's the deal. On top of fighting with my HDHR (still eluding me),
0.24 seems to have another feature with the new transcoder....  If I record
something off firewire in HD, it plays beautifully.  Until I transcode it.  Then
I get the ever increasing Player(1): Video is 30 frames ahead of audio and
everything is in slow motion... This gives me about 1 second at the right
speed then slows down.

THen I copied the .nuv file to a windoze laptop and played it fine with VLC...
Doesn't seem like the transcoder is breaking it...

Using HDMI through alsa.

What can I get for you guys?  just updated mythbuntu 0.24 fixes here today.

MythTV Version   : v0.24-235-g80192ec
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg

Sean